The Creative Nonprofit Podcast Episode 010
Many people assume that creating content has to take a ton of effort. In fact, I think creating impactful content is largely 2 key aspects that are more internal.
And at the end of this episode I share one immediate tactic that has helped me in the past, and how it can help you (it’s not a tool, it’s a mindset hack).
When I refer to a content mindset, I’m referring to the very vague abstract concept of building a nonprofit, or even just your personal mindset, around the idea that content is a necessity, a way of operating, not just a marketing tactic. It’s something that’s woven into the fabric of the culture.
This is what we talk about in this episode:
- What is a content mindset [1:30]
- What happens when your content mindset flourishes [2:09]
- The fear of publishing [4:03]
- Afraid you don’t have anything to say? [4:11]
- People are more afraid that they will look stupid [4:23]
- Some people will judge you, but they’re not worth your time of day [5:18]
- Your biggest fear should be being ignored [6:04]
- Where does personality come from in social content? [6:52]
- You won’t learn until you do good and bad content [8:38]
- Applying this to your organization [9:27]
- My struggle with fear and anxiety [10:51]
- My stage name for music [11:50]
- Me purposefully leaving my terrible YouTube videos up [12:36]
- Judging yourself in terms of audience value, not how they perceive you [14:30]
- The content mindset is about keeping content top of mind [16:23]
- Many nonprofits are doing the opposite of what I suggest [18:33]
- Realizing that every point in the day could be gold [19:43]
- Tips to build a new habit [20:10]
- Purposefully setting habit triggers [20:57]
- Leading by example [23:26]
- Choose a content champion [23:51]
- I challenge you! [26:18]
The Challenge: Over the next month I’m challenging you, (even if this is in the future) to produce and publish content every day. It’s a practice in doing away with perfectionism and the fear of judgement, and building a content mindset of keeping it front and centre with everything we do. Join me in this challenge by using the hashtag #contentmindsetchallenge in your posts!